Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why can't certain drivers...?

...use a turn signal before they change lanes or make a turn? Is it really THAT hard? Are these people just lazy? that inconsiderate? I've been cut off SO many times because some jerk doesn't use their turn signal. It's to the point where I'm concerned that my horn and my brakes are going to wear out.



Seriously, turn signals come with the vehicle on purchase so it's not like it's an extra option that you have to buy or anything. If your turn signal is broken then stick your freakin' arm out the window to use hand signals already! If you're worried about losing your arm then buy a fake mannequin arm from some store that's going out of business!



I feel very much like Clive Owen did in Shoot 'Em Up where that guy cuts him off and Owen then rams the guy into a parked car. I yelled %26quot;Yeah!%26quot; in the theatre when I saw that.



I feel like I want to cart around a box of hammers. And the next idiot that changes lanes without using their turn signal, I want to rifle a hammer into their window with a note around it saying %26quot;USE YOUR TURN SIGNAL!%26quot;



And the last thing is that some of these people flip ME the bird, when I honk at them...like it's MY fault that they didn't signal. It's simple, if you want to change lanes, use your turn signal and I'll slow down to let you in. How hard is that?

Thanks for letting me rant.Why can%26#039;t certain drivers...?I guess no-one drives as well as you!Why can%26#039;t certain drivers...?Well, chances are you're some A55hole that will speed up just so they can't get in. So, even though you may have let them in and may not be that A55hole, they're not betting on it and will just take the chance when it presents itself.



Yeah, it's rude but now maybe you can find at least a shred of logic in it.Why can%26#039;t certain drivers...?Hey you changed your name! I like the dress shirt better though. hehehe Anyway, I LOVED your rant!!! I totally agreed with you 100% that there are jerks out there that don't use their turn signals!!!



I don't know where you live in Canada, but in Toronto the people here are insane! I attend U of T and driving in the heart of downtown Toronto is like hell! I'm always tired and angry after my morning drive that I pretty much don't feel like sitting through my lectures.



I drive a Mini Cooper, so that's a fairly small car...and the other day some jerk cut me off so fast with his big @$$ pick up truck that I was almost sure that that was the end of my life. I thought the back of his pick up was going to fly into my passenger window and throw me off the road. I swear I all I wanted to do was pull him over, stomp over to his car, pull him out of his seat and knee him in the potato sack!!! Grrrrr...



So honey, I'm just as angry and frustrated as you are... We're not only keeping our eyes on the road, but we now have to keep our eyes out for the 10% jerk factor that drives on the road. Happy driving!Why can%26#039;t certain drivers...?I think while some drivers are just inconsiderate, most who do it just think it's okay to switch lanes without signaling if it doesn't concern other drivers. They think there is plenty of space. Some people just have poor judgement. Or maybe there is plenty of space and you just have a bee in your bonnet about it?



You can usually tell who these drivers are and be cautious of them. They are usually driving a few miles/hr faster than the rest of traffic or they have a bad stopping distance from the car in front. When they change lanes without signaling, they go from the middle of their lane and tread the line of your lane for a bit while they look in their mirror. If they see the slightest gap they move.



Maybe when you see someone bordering your lane you could hang back a little. It's their bad driving but you can avoid a collision with your good driving!Why can%26#039;t certain drivers...?I have noticed very few vehicles in the Chicago, Illinois area are equipped with the optional turn signal indicators.

Sadly, bad, inconsiderate, uncaring, unskilled drivers are on the roads these days.

I have never seen so many motorists blatantly running red lights these days.

Saw an accident where a driver just didn't try stopping for a red light. Light was red for about 5 seconds, enough time for a truck to start his left turn. Took off the truck's rear bumper. Idiot driver.

So few understand the concept of driving defensively.Why can%26#039;t certain drivers...?Conventions change from generation to generation. For example, dressing in hippy clothes and saying words like %26quot;groovy%26quot; were common in the 70's, but now people don't do it anymore. People used to step outside of a library to use a cell phone, but now they will just talk loudly inside the library.



Driving conventions went through a similar change. In the 1980's, if you used the turn signal, cars would actually slow down to let you in. Sometimes they'll even flash their lights to say that it's safe for you to change lanes. However, in the 1990's, people started to become aggressive drivers. Many drivers will literally speed up when they see a car signaling. Some reasons they speed up are:



- They are in a hurry (we live in a hectic society afterall)

- They think that you're a slow car, so they want you to be behind them rather than slowing them down.

- Your car is an eyesore, and they'd rather continue following the car that is currently in front of them.



Personally, I still signal, but I also maneuver my car as well. I'll start getting close to the side of my lane, so that cars will want to slow down instead of possibly hit my car. It's sort of like body language; the orientation of your car will signal the other drivers that you are acting....rather than planning to act. Thus, the other drivers better react to me. ;-PWhy can%26#039;t certain drivers...?There are ******* all over the place.Why can%26#039;t certain drivers...?It's sheer laziness. These types of drivers get to me every time. It's certain races of people that drive like the way you described( I don't want to point out the races or nationalities) Most of these drivers, I don't know how they got their licenses. Yeah, I want to smash their windows or faces(only in my thought). I beleive it's inconsiderate, idiotic, and careless drivers