Thursday, September 22, 2011

1995 325i should I buy for a first car???

Hi hows everyone doing?? I have ben car hunting for a little while and I was sapose to buy a Formula 350 but that didnt work out. Now I'm intrested in Beamers and I saw thsi 325i and its a 1995 so it not that bad. Its black Auto and it has 123k miles and a Female drove the car. Looking at the picks it looks nice and so does the interior. He's asking 3200 when I go see the car and I like it what should I start at when how much lower you think he will go. Is the car hard to fix and expensive I want to start to learn how to DIY like starting but changing brakes and stuff I have no car experience and this would be my first car. Should I buy? Thank you all for your time1995 325i should I buy for a first car???Hey Man!



I would definitely recommend this year %26amp; buy.



BMW's cars' last up to 300,000 miles, sometimes even 400,000. This car is just, now, broken in. Awesome price for this wonderful car.



They're extremely reliable ... -if- you properly take care of them. I always use Mobil #1 oil.



Mine RARELY has any electrical problems. The engine is always in perfect condition. When it does have a problem (VERY rare) I take it to an **independent** BMW Mechanic; much cheaper than the dealer.



Sure the parts are more expensive; but this is a BMW! - One of the best of the best automakers - of course you're going to pay.



I've never driven anything more fun %26amp; I wouldn't recommend a car more fun or respectable than a Bimmer. They don't call this car the, %26quot;Ultimate Driving Machine%26quot; for nothing :)1995 325i should I buy for a first car???thats a really good deal i would buy it for that much money1995 325i should I buy for a first car???ANY import BMW, VW, MERCEDES, SAAB etc is going to be a fortune for parts and service or repair.

Go with a domestic because in the long run, and especially buying a used car, your going to have to fix things before you know it. Its almost a gauranteed, especially since the car is already 13 years old. even if it seems to be in great shape, be careful......

I would definately not get an import especially with the economy right now and the price of everything going up. your parts are going to go up because they are being imported which means gas etc. for the delivery company.

Yeah everyone wants a BMW for their first car, But your going to go broke with it... You can buy a hell of alot newer car for the same price that is a domestic. Keep shopping around1995 325i should I buy for a first car???They are not expensive to repair, and they are generally very reliable. Any car over 100k, though, should be inspected by a dealer. Just go and ask for a pre-purchase inspection. It's worth it. Ask for the service records. Parts for 90's BMW's are everywhere, they're not rare. Enjoy!



Also, if you do buy it, join www.bimmerforums.com - they are a wealth of information.1995 325i should I buy for a first car???Can't really answer the money part since you didnt say what country you live in and what money you're talking about (3200...can't be USD!)



The 325i is a fantastic car, but it's not a 'beginners DIY%26quot; by any means. Yes, parts will be more expensive than many other makes, which means you'll want to be extra careful if you're taking things apart on your own. Get a good repair manual (Bentley may make one for the 325i), decent tools and be very patient. You don't want to break something in an %26quot;oops%26quot; moment on a car like that. I'd suggest you learn a lot about this car before trying to do all but the simplest things on your own, if you haven't worked on cars before.



Do you feel his asking price is reasonable? Does it compare to other 325's in about the same condition? Why not pay him what it's worth.1995 325i should I buy for a first car???First of all, its Bimmer, not Beamer (a Beamer is a BMW motorcycle, a Bimmer is a BMW car).



One of my good friends had a 1998 M3 and he has had numerous reliability issues with the car, I won't go into detail, but the car has been a real burden for him. His car only has about 70xxx miles, so imagine the issues a car with 123xxx could have.



If you really have your heart set on this car, do a Carfax history check and ask the woman if she has a service history. If things such as the timing belt have not been done, that could be an indication that the car had not been properly taken care of.



If the car is well sorted out and free of major issues, I am sure you will be very pleased, just be prepared to spend $$$ on maintenance and repair.1995 325i should I buy for a first car???they are very reliable cars but it is older so it will have normal wear and tear and possibly more. I would have it checked out. I would not recommend it to be your first car for DIY. I have had mine forever and no real problems other than wear and tear. Sometimes, more often than not, parts are more money and are not always as easy to find as domestic cars. I would ask them why they are selling the car, that will tell you alot about the price. Also check Kelly Blue Book and see what it is worth. Good luck with your purchase1995 325i should I buy for a first car???The BMW is expensive own. And it is not a reliable car. It is fun to drive, but a complex car.1995 325i should I buy for a first car???The BMW is expensive to maintain, fix, and insure.

German cars are also harder to work on.



American and Japanese cars are more simpler and easier to understand.



I bought a 1996 Mazda with 120,000 miles for $1900. So i got a newer car with less miles for almost half the price. And now it has 134,000 miles and no problems since I have bought it. Bmw's do have more problems.1995 325i should I buy for a first car???NO1995 325i should I buy for a first car???test drive it. you will fall in love...

the parts may be a bit more expensive than some other cars, but they are well made so break less often.

we've had a 1994 325 in the family for 12 years.

we've now got a convertible, 1996.

fantastic cars. we like them.

plugs, filters oil and service lights are all easy. changed a headlight bulb dead easy.

never tried brakes yet, but i am only a girl