Thursday, September 22, 2011

Expunging your record whats the point?

This is my first time posting topic

I was not the ideal child for any parent to have,I had 3 felonies by the time I was 13 and I messed up a few more times after nothing even in the same ball park ,but I still was unable to make a complete brake from my old way of living .The one thing that keep me going was the hope that when I was older my record would get expunged and I would be able to start a normal productive life .All I wanted to do was try and bring back get back my family's good name .I wanted to join the military to my father proud to have me as his son again,but now I find out even if it was a juvenile record I can't get into the military . Well I just have to say everyone gets mad at the reconvicted offenders but if they don't even get a chance at doing it right ,what else can be expected ?Why even try to do right if in the end it is all for not ?No matter how rare it happens plp do change ,and now I find out I don't even get a chance to prove it ,then why change at all.Expunging your record whats the point?and i guess im the one that is going to sound like the a$$, well, so be it. i raised two sons, and am raising a daughter. one son is in the military, one in college. my 21 yr old made a lot of mistakes, screwed up a lot, always wanted to go into the military, and walked that line, but knew where it was drawn! I LOVE HIM, but didn't always like what he did growing up. a felon is a felon is a felon! he knew, ya drink and drive, no military, no voting, not in the state we lived in, so he didnt do it. there were lines that ya didn't cross, thats an example! i don't feel for you. we didn't have a lot of money, his father was not in the home, yadee yadee yadee..... he didn't use that as an excuse in life, it made him the MAN he is today! yes he made mistakes, that doesn't mean he was a FOOL. he did something with his life. Guess what, He is now an American Soldier, and i am Proud! you still can make something of your life as well, but you, only you, not me, nor a judge, or jury, nor society took away your rights to vote, carry a weapon, or to serve this country, you took that choice away. don't ask whats the point, make a difference for yourself from this day forward if you want something, because its NOBODY%26quot;S job but your own.

You sent me an email to ask again, I will answer you HERE. what is the point in getting your record expunged? so that you can go on to college, so that you may go to a trade school, so that you may apply for jobs that may not be open to you otherwise. the government is one place that you may not find employment because of your record. other places this may affect you is working with children, honestly, i wouldnt want ANY felon, nothing personal, ANY FELON, working around one of my minor children. certain mental health profession WILL be able to obtain those records! other than that OR ANYTHING that requires ANY type of security clearance should NOT be able to obtain those records once expunged. you would be surprised who can get them otherwise. there is a good reason to get it done. Get on with your life. you sound like you are young enough to do it. i answered your questions the first time, you didnt like my answer. i never said my son was the perfect %26quot;stand up guy%26quot; i said he was no fool, and 3 felonies, thats foolish, no excuse!Expunging your record whats the point?Felons are the new second class. It's a shame. Once you're in you're pretty much screwed. That's how it is for now, maybe in the future things will change. I'm lucky to have avoided felonies thus far, I have two hanging over my head as misdemeanors now but if I f*ck up I'm in the same boat as you.Expunging your record whats the point?Keep posting this throughout the day. I am not much on recruitment but we have some in this section. I think you can file waivers. I myself grew up in a bad area of Houston and had a juvie record but was accepted. Either your recruiter dropped the ball or there is more to this than what you're telling.Expunging your record whats the point?Sorry, but, your not what I would be looking for in an employee. I'm in business to make a profit, not social services. I need employees that I can trust, depend on to service my customers. You most likely can't be bonded, my insurance company most likely would not cover you.

Good LuckExpunging your record whats the point?i've never heard of the military checking into juvenile records...they are sealed for a reason...i would talk to a recruiter and find out for sure...i'm pretty there are waivers that can be filled out if they do check your juvenile record since you were a kid when you committed those crimes...good luck!Expunging your record whats the point?you want to work for the federal government. the federal government has higher standards than most civilian companies. it is a privilege to serve, not a right.



the militray is under ZERO obligation to cut you any slack. once is forgivable. 3 plus times? nope.



does this mean you should just throw int he towel and resign yourself to a life of crime and a violent end? NO. there are THOUSANDS of people who screwed up in their youth and still managed to become productive members of society who made a positive impact. It's all in your attitude. if you walk around with a chip on your shoulder and a 'woe is me' complex, you will get nowhere. If you pick yourself up, dust yourself off and make a choice to do better, you will.. and maybe, just maybe, you can steer somebody else away form the mistakes you made in your past.Expunging your record whats the point?What you need to do is keep yourself squared away and take college classes. You can get a waiver if you walk into the recruiter's office with something in your background to show that you have changed and will succeed.



You cannot undo your past. What you can do is show that this is no longer who you are.