Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do you prepare yourself for spinsterhood?

I don't absolutely have to have a significant other but it would be nice to have a relationship. What's the problem, you say? Nothing--unless you think being six foot three inches tall, intellectually oriented (i.e. nerdy), independent, and mechanically gifted (I can do brakes, change plugs, cylinder heads, etc) is a problem. I'm not prudish--I like fashion and high heels--but I might as well be a nun. I don't have to have a relationship, but it would be nice to go places with someone else. As much as I love my dog he can't take me out to dinner or to a movie. I never went on a date until my last year of college, only had two boyfriends, and guys my own age ignore me, but short, older (usually married) men who are twice my age who want either (A) the latex wearing (yes, I like rubber) Barbie doll chica to put in the Corvette that will stun your stuffy friends or (B) the giant amazon dominatrix Klingon woman who will tie you up, control you, zap you with cattle prods, etc., etc. won't stay away from me. (I'm more like Droxine from Star Trek:TOS if you know who that is.) Short + Big Boobs + Acting Dumb = Relationship in the USA today, so it seems that I'm never going to have one. Since it's never going to happen, what alternatives are their in life? Most career women don't get married.How do you prepare yourself for spinsterhood?Spinsterhood isn't all that bad, I would imagine it's even better for you considering you have a dog. So don't worry and take each day as it comes, there are short spinsters with boobs and a brain too. They come in all sizes so don't blame your looks when it is your choices and fate that are to 'blame.'