Thursday, September 22, 2011

Is there a chiropractic guru out there? should i change my chiropractic?

Your Question





Hello,



I am assisting to the chiropractic at lease 3 times per week because I was in a car accident.

I was sitting the on the back seat of a car and was bang from the back in a car accident. I didn't brake any ribs.



the chiropractic told me that I have some inflammation in my back and that the muscles are trying to hold on.

the first few sessions she would sit with me and explain the process and level of care I would need in order to regain full functionality.



her initial care consisted of massage and stretching my neck and back, and around 10 munits of a vibrating machine on my back.

in other words, she would take 15 munits of care and 30 munits of talking. the problem is, that I was going there on my lunch break and by the time she finish talking I would end up at work 15 munits late.

I politely mention that I was getting late to work but she continue to talk for around 30 munits.

I then decided to go evenings, but by the time I get home my entire evening was gone.

I politely mentioned to her that I prefer to go there at noon but I get out a little too late.



today she don't talk any more ( I could live with that !) the bad thing is that she rushes me in and out ( :( )

I think this is not professional and it makes me feel as if I am not getting my money worth.



I have a few questions.



1. More or less, how long should the session be?

2. was it normal for the first 8 session to be 30 munits explanation of the same thing and 15 of real care?

3. she does the same massage every visit. shouldn't she tackle other muscles on my back? or at lease massage it for a few munits

4. should I dump her and go to another chiropractic? the energy feels weird in there?

5. any suggestions or tips?Is there a chiropractic guru out there? should i change my chiropractic?Definitely dump her. Trust your instinct - she sounds like bad news and there's no good reason to be there when she doesn't stop talking and adjust what she's doing to you on a regular basis. A typical visit should be about 15 minutes unless they use heat. I would actually go to a few offices and look inside and talk to the office mgr and/or the actual chiropractor. They should provide a consultation and give you a guesstimate of what they will do and how many sessions it may be.