Thursday, September 22, 2011

Does anyone know how the front end in a bmw works or what?

I have a shake in my 93-318i i have had the car aligned, balanced, rotated all wheels are fine, the lower control arm bushings were changed. could something be wrong with my brakes aside from my new rotors they are also fine? driveshaft bent? this problem has got me goin off the deep end, i need help!! Do lower control arm bushings have to be put in a certain way, could they have snapped instantly if put in wrong? please call me if your an experienced tech, luke 603-642-8124Does anyone know how the front end in a bmw works or what?Yeah - loose ball joints, tie rods, worn rack %26amp; pinion steering gears. The wheels probably feel loose when you grab the front wheel at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock and shake it back and forth. But, if you jack the car up and grab it at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock and you can shake it, I think it's probably front wheel bearings. The only other thing I can think of is toe-in adjustment or I don't know if your may have a steering damper.Does anyone know how the front end in a bmw works or what?Did you check tie rod ends or ball joints?Does anyone know how the front end in a bmw works or what?Upper control arms are the more likely culprit, they take more load than the lowers under typical driving and braking loads. Change the whole arm, the ball joint on the other end is not serviceable.