Monday, October 24, 2011

Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?

Once I broke my dads radio station by an accident by throwing a knickle at it (it didn%26#039;t brake, it damaged) and first he beat me with a belt and THEN he smashed up my pink electric guitar I got for my 9th bday, It looked like a MESS lol. and once he hit me with a hanger and in school we had swimming lessons and my teacher saw the mark.



My moms OK but the worst thing she has done to me is She cares way too much about other people, she puts her friends way before her kids and when I was younger she used to MAKE my dad beat me even when he didn%26#039;t want to. and the time my dad beat me and then broke my electric guitar she just stared at me and didn%26#039;t do anything whilst he was kicking me. Now days my mom still tells me I%26#039;m disturbed and not normal but words don%26#039;t mean nothing.



I%26#039;m 17 now and I guess my dad has changed, he wouldn%26#039;t dare hit me again.



it was only me and my sister who got hit whilst growing up, not my brother. I think because we are females, I grew up hearing %26quot;women should be in the kitchen%26quot; honestly its getting old..



So whats the worst thing that happened to you whilst growing up? How did it affect you? Do you think hitting children is wrong?Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?Oh wow, I%26#039;m so sorry you%26#039;ve endured all that. Your parents were both incredibly wrong to have done all that to you, and I honestly think that ANYONE who experienced that sort of traumatic childhood would have a hard time coping, so you are not abnormal or disturbed. You sound like a sweet girl who has tried to do her best. Just stay strong and get out of there when you turn 18.



I%26#039;m also 17 and my parents have never done anything quite so extreme. My dad spanked me when I was 15, and that was humiliating and degrading and painful especially because of my age, but I%26#039;d done something really wrong and defiant, so it wasn%26#039;t like when you accidentally broke the radio, and I didn%26#039;t have long-term marks. My mom was upset at me for what I did, but upset with him for the way he handled it. Yes, I think hitting children is very, very wrong. Overall, they%26#039;re both really loving and supportive and it totally sucks that yours aren%26#039;t.



I bet you are going to become a really strong adult because you%26#039;ve survived so much. Keep your chin up. : )Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?Never being a part of my life...ever.

I met him 3 times before he died when I was 17..Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?Well the worst %26quot;beating%26quot;, I really don%26#039;t know, I don%26#039;t really remember, the more recent %26quot;beatings%26quot; well I%26#039;m not gonna lie I fight back. But I think the worst thing that happened is my dad cheated on my mom once, than she cheated back, than this year in JAN my dad cheated again, and they are STILL together. It affected me to not trust to many guys, and well with beating I think its wrong to hit children, from what I realized it only teaches them to fear you until they realize that they can fight back, once they learn to fight back, well hitting doesn%26#039;t do anything, so really I think parents shouldn%26#039;t start. Spanking once in a while when your little though is ok.Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?Abandonment.....denies I existWhats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?My father is my hero. He honestly hasnt done anything bad to me. My mom on the other hand is a different story.Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?He let his live-in girlfriend abuse us and steal our childhood for almost five years of our childhood. His excuse? He was %26quot;in love%26quot;. Not with his children, that%26#039;s for sure...



As for my mother, she abandoned us when I was three and we saw her maybe 2-3 times over the course of five years. She%26#039;s never been a mother to me and even now doesn%26#039;t even put any effort into being a mother or grandmother to my child. Her loss, because it%26#039;s certainly not ours.



My parents have taught me what kind of mother NOT to be. I haven%26#039;t forgiven them completely, it%26#039;s a struggle for me even now that I%26#039;m 31. I have scars from the abuse that remind me of how I was tortured with my father%26#039;s permission and that my mother just walked away and left us to be tortured. My children will never know that pain. I would walk through fire before leaving them and would never let anyone raise a hand to them. I am Mommy Bear and protect my cubs.Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?I broke into an abandon building and the cops got us. They called my dad away from his usual bar stool before he finished his first beer. He beat me bloody in front of the cops until someone in a car pulled over and screamed at the cop %26quot;arn%26#039;t you going to do something?%26quot; So then the cop stopped him. Be busted out 4 of my teeth broke my nose and ripped my ear lobe from my head. I was 14 at the time. Then he took me home and pulled a shotgun he keeps in his truck held it right to my head and said %26quot; If you F**K up again you won%26#039;t be coming home in one piece%26quot; My parents were divorced because my dad was an alcoholic and abusive. Good job mom for calling dad to come get me. I spent 3 days in the hospital for intense bruising to my face.Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?He threw me down the stairs by my hair, he swore he didnt mean to throw me, but thats the most hes done to me..My father is still around, but he doesnt talk to me much, him and I do not agree on anything, I am almost 18 now, and he hasnt really talked to me since I was 14, the most we talk is what I should make or if hes going to make something.Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?No, that is not right. That is not right at all. Don%26#039;t ever think that about women EVER.... always put your family first and your friends should come second. Don%26#039;t beat your child with anything other then your open hand on its bottom in a typical spanking... or don%26#039;t spank them at all. Educate your children not to abuse women because I would be worried about what effect your father has had on your brother with these displays..... it should never leave a mark. that is abusive.Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?my dad just yells



my mom doesnt say nything... she knows she cant control meWhats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?It sounds like you were abused as a child and it%26#039;s sad that some parents can not control their anger. I was disciplined as a child. My dad used to spank me with the belt. I knew better not to make my dad angry. But he only did it when I deserved it, for example if I was bad at school or if I would throw tantrums. After that, I knew better. My dad is the type of person that all he needs to do is say my name and give me %26quot;the look%26quot; and I know better. I am now 26 years old and my dad still gives me %26quot;the look%26quot; lol. The worst spanking I got was when my mom found my birth control pills. They found out I was having sex and it made my mom cry and cry and my dad came in and found out what happened. He didn%26#039;t think twice to take that belt out and whip me with it. I was 18 years old, and he did leave bruises. But I knew I deserved it because of what I had done. My parents were always very strict with me and my sisters, and still are, but I never took it as he hits me because he doesn%26#039;t love me. Now I know he did it because he loved me. And I am going to be strict on my baby just like they were with me.Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?Left his sperm-juice inside my Mom, and never came back.



Oh, and then SHE left too.



Life%26#039;s great!



FIERCE_09Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?believed the lie i wasnt his when he got a paternity test. then he tries to claim me on his taxes or howervr tht goes. he never tried to get visitation n ive never met him or gotten a call from him or anything; even when i was a young child he never bothered to say happy birthday or do anything father and daughter. i kno wen i get married sum day he wont be there to walk me down the aisle. but i have a loving family that God has blessed me with, and im going to make it in life and do sumthng for myself. he wont get the satisfaction of me being a failure in life. i dont exactly know how you feel besides that my mom USED to hit me with the belt, but i know tht its hard bt in the end, you have to forgive because in the end they%26#039;ll see how wrong they wer, and it will jus eat them up inside, n it will show just how mature you are.=) also, you%26#039;ll feel better abt who you are, and how much ur nt like them too. i hope everything goes well for you in life and i%26#039;ll pray for you =)Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?The worst thing he did was die when I was 17. I still needed him. It wasn%26#039;t his fault though. It took me years to get past it all.Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?A lot of things. He was a great dad (or so I thought) until I was about 11. He cared a lot about what others thought and put others before me. If he thought i was about to say something that would make him look bad he would pinch me really hard under the table. If a friend and I were fighting over a chair, and it was rightfully mine since I got there first, he would make me get up. If I had a popsicle I was eating and a bully came and threw it on the floor, he would look away and act like he hadn%26#039;t seen it. This went on most of my life but I never noticed (my mom did). Before my mom married my dad she had a ton of money saved up so she could be comfortable financially when she had her kids. My dad secretly stole money for years without telling us. He didn%26#039;t do it meanly he was just a wimp. He did everything he was told and could not stand up for himself. Whenever a charity asked for money he would promise money we didn%26#039;t have and steal it from my college savings. He did lots of %26quot;favors%26quot; for his friends who were really just using him. That%26#039;s what made me the most mad, he let everyone walk all over him. If someone were outright insult my mother or I, he wouldn%26#039;t dare do anything about it. He was completely closed minded and whenever I told him to stop letting people use him he would get mad and hit me. He didn%26#039;t hit me hard, but he had a horrible temper and would scare me to death. Then he would apologize and buy me ice cream or something. When I was a teen I wasn%26#039;t as close to him at all. I would only talk to him when he talked to me. He was so desperate for me to like him, he did anything I said. I learned to use him too. He put my mom through hell, by stealing her mommy. My mom would be crying her eyes out and having an anxiety attack and then he would just walk out. My grandma had a bad heart and her fragile heart would break every time he lied or stole. He called himself a christian but never acted like one. He would say one thing then do another. Everyone outside the home thought he was a generous, loving, nice man who was dedicated to his family. That is the farthest from the truth. WOW, I have never told anyone this except for two best friends and my husband! I feel very realieved!Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?I guess left me and my mom, then my mom died so i was kinda on my own. But it turned out for the good cause it taught me what not to do and now im a great dad.Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?When I was 1 he went to play pool and never came back. He also had a 4 year old and a wife of 6 years. They were also highschool and Jr. High sweet hearts. He just left.



He came around and I meet him when I was 14. Then when I was 19 he denied me being his kid. Making up some crazy story about my mom having an affair (she was Devout Catholic). Just to save face. A blood test later, I%26#039;m his.



I%26#039;m 23 now and talk to him about twice a year. lol, I used to give her the fathers day present you have to make in school. She didn%26#039;t under stand until I was 15 and gave her a tie. She stopped complaining when I gave her a cordless power drill. I think this year I%26#039;ll give her a ugly hunting hat.Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?I had a wonderful loving father who I just adored.. The worst thing he ever did was die.. which left me grief stricken and heart broken. It%26#039;s been 2 years and everyday is a struggle.Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?I don%26#039;t really think my answer fits in here, but what the hell? I was spanked twice in my life. When I was three my mother sat me down and explained to me that we could work it out by trying to understand each other or we could make it difficult. After that she never had to physically discipline me again. The worst thing? I was catered to, the result of not being forced to do chores regularly or placed in awkward situations is I%26#039;m 22, I still live with my mother with no job and I%26#039;m not in college. So I%26#039;m scared to live, basically. One of the best things she did was to not marry my father. Granted, I would be way more independent if he had been a parent to me, but I would probably have horrific stories like you gals, I%26#039;m so grateful that she recognized he would only be a harmful component to our family. I understand that an occasional swat is useful when raising kids, but anything other than that I stand against. Oh, and by the way, your place is in the kitchen only if you love to cook. But it sounds like you know that already!Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?Everything you, and most of the respondents, are describing is abuse. Tell a trusted adult or teacher immediately. This is not normal.Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?The worst thing my dad did was making me eat my pet rabbit snowy all because i wouldn%26#039;t feed it i was only 5Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?One of the worst things that happened to me was when I was 2 years old I was visiting with my dad for the Summer. Everyone was getting ready to leave and everyone else thought that someone was taking me with them. (so they say) I was a really quiet and shy kid so I was just sitting in the floor waiting on someone to come and get me and take me with them. Well, finally, the last person locks the doors, turned the lights out and leaves. I was left sitting there for the entire day by myself in the dark with nothing to eat or drink. I was so scared that I just kind of went in to shock. I didn%26#039;t move for the entire day, I didn%26#039;t cry, talk or make any noises. I just sit there scared too death waiting on someone to come and get me. After it had gotten dark my dad finally came back in. When I saw him I just started screaming and crying. I was so terrified that I didn%26#039;t know what to do. He told me to shut my mouth and that it was my fault that I was left because I should have told someone before everyone left. I couldn%26#039;t stop crying and he whipped me and told me that I better never tell my mom. Well, I never told my mom. I turned in to a shy child. I wouldn%26#039;t let anyone know when I needed anything, I was afraid for anyone to see me cry when I was hurt or scared. I was afraid of the dark after that. There was other things too but that was the worse in my opinion. Years later I told my grandmother and after telling her she helped me to work through my fears and problems. I am still somewhat scarred but I have came a very long way from before.



The best thing my parents ever did for me where to teach me not to be like them and to never treat my children like that.Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?The worst ever thing he done was dying on me.



I never got close to him until the last year of his life. He was an alcoholic all my childhood %26amp; adult life. It frequently, was followed by verbal %26amp; physical abuse as a child, and an adult. I was never close to him as a child or teen, only as his life came to an end our relationship blossomed as he sobered up after 23 years of straight drinking. As he had to stop drinking because he had literally no liver left, it was only then I realized what a good man he was, and what a good father he could have been to me and my sister.



At 17, I think it%26#039;s time you got a job, and look for an allowance. I never got an allowance and I survived !Whats the worst thing your dad has ever done to you?i broke a window when i was 11 and my dad beat me with a belt then i had to replace the window.