Monday, October 24, 2011

Advice with parents and finding a job?

Ahh sorry this turned out so long



I've been looking for a job ever since i moved here 8 months ago. I go to school from 7am to 10 am and sit at home for the rest of the day. My dad is a dick and constantly yells and tells me how lazy i am because i dont have a job. I dont ask him for any money or anything extra besides the bare minimum thats provided for me (a place to live, running water and dinner at night) basically things he would have to pay for whether i was here or not. I dont ask for clothes, money to go out or anything extra at all.



My younger sister and I drive (we have to because she has zero hour to which they dont provide a bus ride) to school in an old car which he purchased for 700 cash last year, and she pays for insurance, gas and all repairs. My dad doesnt have a car currently because after his lease was up he returned his car and now rides his bike to work to save some money. HOWEVER on the weekends or any other time he needs the car he takes it. He does not put gas in it and refuses to help pay for even a portion of the insurance. He's a mechanic so he'll repair or change the oil/brakes when needed (other than the parts which my sister pays for).



Recently my sister lost her job and my dad has had to fill the car up once just this week. Now more than ever i am hearing from him that i need to find a job. (I've been looking for months and theres nothing out there, when you ask for applications people are now starting to say they are overstaffed and not to waste your time filling it out as they are not hiring) and its not only me who cant find a job, its everyone else i know as well. My schedule is open 7 days a week all hours of the day, i have previous work experience (grocery store bagger, cashier, food services, and even a manager and i've never been fired or have bad experiences) and have applied for everything all positions, so its not like im not qualified or being picky about jobs i could take. My dad just thinks im not trying hard enough to find something so i've asked him to look for me (because obviously im doing it wrong ) but he yelled that hes busy busting his *** all day and doesn't have time to..



I drive 3 days a week to see my boyfriend who lives maybe 15 miles away and my dad is furious about this. That i dont have a job and im using his gas to drive. I dont see why this is a problem as i dont ask for anything and am constantly at home. I go to school and come straight home, i always help around the house i get good grades, im respectful i follow my parents rules im home at curfew.



Im 18 and graduating highschool next month, so i could move out but i have no money and no where to go. What do i do? Any advice at all about anything is appreciatedAdvice with parents and finding a job?I think you are trying to tackle too much at once. That can be overwhelming.



Make a list of your priorities. For example:



1) graduating

2) job

3) moving out

4) boyfriend

5) college



Graduating is at the top of my list, that's what is my main goal, so know I have to ask myself how do I deal with this or how do I set goals to reach it. Here's my revised list...



1) Graduation

a) help pay for sister's gas if it means less trouble with dad

b) concentrate on making good grades and ignore dad

c) don't let dad get under my skin, go jogging for stress.



2) Job

a) stay at home and find a job after graduation

b) what important to me? the money, or the job?

c) do I need to work two jobs to make the money I need to move out?



3) Moving Out

a) Will this have to wait? How soon do I think I can do this?

b) depends on my income and job



4) Boyfriend

a) would it be easier to see each other less right now if we can see each other more after I graduate and/or move out?

b) would he be willing to share an apartment with me or does he have female friends that will also need a roommate?

c) Can he help me out by coming to visit me now so I save on gas?



5) College

a) can this wait for the future?

b) I'll try to focus on this as my last goal for now but not rule it out.Advice with parents and finding a job?are you applying for college?

you should qualify for financial %26amp; get a loan!!



i went to a cal state university and i got in total 11,000 dollars for the school year the loan was only 2,000 and the rest was free money and i got to keep like way over half for me!



soo my advice would be graduate high school!

n you shouldn't be driving to see him! let him be the one who drives to you or at least pay your gas because you're dad is right in the gas

times are tough and you should use your gas more effective especially because you don't have a job



just keep up with your parents...you're about to graduate and apply to a good college since u say u get good grades :)



stay in the dorms! and you can try to get a job through the school part time or some where else near but by living in the dorms you should be pretty much covered other than your expenses for personal stuff %26amp; food but if you get a loan in addition to your financial aid then there wouldn't be a problem



you may not want to move out far but i think it be a good experience and you seem like a smart girl so get your booty to college %26amp; a good one!!

guys come %26amp; go but your education is very important