Thursday, June 2, 2011

What are your opinions on gibson vs fender? 10 pts best answer (Guitar Guitar Guitar)?

I want to know what your opinions are on the strat and the les paul.



As for me, I look at fender/squire as guitars for beginners, or players who are not very good. I know that there are studs that play fender (just look at srv, hendrix, etc.) but as for the look and sound of them. I look at them as childish guitars. I started with a quadruple off-brand stage guitar. I then traded up to a fender stratocaster. I was told they were the cream of the crop. The best guitar on the planet. (of course it was just because the guy at the only shitty hole-in-the-wall music store within 100 miles only guitar that he sold) I knew it was a good guitar and i played it for about two years. All my favorite players played les pauls and i just figured that was just because they just wanted to show off how rich they were. And it was a guitar for the extreme players.



But one day out of curiosity i was in portland and stopped by guitar center. I was checking out the guitars just looking around and one of the guys asked me if i would like to try out one. I picked up an epiphone les paul custom silverburst.... and my whole world was changed. I felt like a god playing that. The guy at the store asked me what i played and I told him. He was totally dumbfounded that i liked this %26quot;Crappy off-brand%26quot; so much more than my %26quot;Prestigious fender%26quot; i don't know what it was either. I played them on the same amp. but the feel of that guitar. the look, everything about it was amazing. The only thing better than that was the price. It actually cost less than my fender. I was so pissed off when i found that out. I felt totally sheepish that i bought the fender. I didn't even want to play the gibson because i know that i would probably sell my car to buy it.



The only think i can compare it too is when you are comparing cars. I look at a fender like an automatic. Its easy to use. everybody has one. but none of the Professional racers use them. on the other hand, Gibson's are like manuals. Way more fun. Once you get good at them there are way more things you can do with them. And you have the option to be a professional racer once you are good enough. You can burnout without ruining your brakes, you get better mileage. but they are not hyper-simplistic and super-easy.



when someone says their car is automatic and you get that feeling of some disappointment, i get that same feeling when someone says that their guitar is a fender.What are your opinions on gibson vs fender? 10 pts best answer (Guitar Guitar Guitar)?i have a fender and im just starting out and i dont like the look of them they remind me of the first act walmart guitar i personally like gibson out of your chooses but my all time fav is ibanezWhat are your opinions on gibson vs fender? 10 pts best answer (Guitar Guitar Guitar)?I'm totally looking to get an electric (as I have been playing acoustic for a while and want to start something new) and what you wrote is really interesting! I haven't even gone to try out the guitars, but I really feel like I should get the Les Paul. Hmmm.... Sorry if this is confusing...

Report Abuse