Monday, November 22, 2010

I drove 55k miles & brakes still feel fine, this normal? HOW MANY MILES YOU drive B4 change car brakes?

How many miles are you supposed to change your brakes for you car?? I owned my car for 4 years this month and put on 55k miles and the brakes are the still the original factory (never changed them or anything), Im worried cuz so far the brakes feel GREAT and like new (lol) but what if they stop workin all of sudden?! [and i DONT consider myself a conversative driver, i tend to race a kinda lot and have heavy foot kinda, i get road rage easily.lol.]

SO HOW MANY MILES are you supposed change your BRAKES? also list the kind of car cuz may thatdepends? i drive 05 corolla XRS (the sportier corolla, so i figure they gave me the Better Brakes?)I drove 55k miles %26amp; brakes still feel fine, this normal? HOW MANY MILES YOU drive B4 change car brakes?After 55k I would defiantly recommend a brake inspection. I'm sure the Toyota dealer would recommend replacement at like 40k. Go to a tire store and get the %26quot;free brake inspection%26quot;. They will tell you to probably replace them. It's better to replace them before they start making noise and have a bad feel to them anyway. If you run the old brake pad too long they can damage the rotor and caliper.I drove 55k miles %26amp; brakes still feel fine, this normal? HOW MANY MILES YOU drive B4 change car brakes?It depends on how many times you press the brake pedals and not mileage or years.I drove 55k miles %26amp; brakes still feel fine, this normal? HOW MANY MILES YOU drive B4 change car brakes?If those are highway miles then you should be fine.I drove 55k miles %26amp; brakes still feel fine, this normal? HOW MANY MILES YOU drive B4 change car brakes?Listen to ME. I put less than 20K on brakes and changed them. Another car I drove had about 30,000 miles before the brakes needed changed. It depends on the type of brakes (Autozone vs Brembo) and how they're used (Grandma-style vs 0-60-0 in about 1000 ft. Im pretty hard on my brakes so they wont last as long. My dad drives pretty slow so he will hardly ever need brakes replaced. If they dont make ANY sounds or if the brake pedal doesnt pulsate during NORMAL braking action (just resting right foot on pedal to slow) then they're fine. Squealing you hear from other people's brakes means they neglect their car and could run into somebody if they needed to brake really hard, and its actually chatter. The pads are jumping off and onto the brake rotor. This is a very bad thing. When you feel your pedal and car pulsate when you hit the brakes, your rotors are warped and the repair just became about 3-4 X more expensive.